Thursday, March 01, 2007

She aint heavy... she's my baby...

This is a note that goes out to the two little people in our lives. They may be small, but they carry very big hearts.

If I put it very plainly, these two little tykes have no say in where we go, when we go, how long we are there, what they can and can't do while we are doing everything that we want to do pretty much exclusively as it suits us.

This morning they woke up with us at 04:00 and made the walk to the bus stop, walk to the train station, and then the trip to Vienna. Sarah managed to sleep a bit, and Amber barely stopped moving. Then through a packed day they stayed with us with almost no complaints. Boy and when they complain we are tough on them...

This evening we set off to the Donau Tower to see a great panorama of Vienna and have dinner in the revoloving restaurant - they ate up their dinner and played in the restaurant amusing themselves with the center remaining still while the room spins around them.

After dinner, which we thoroughly enjoyed I must tell you we began the trip home and got lost. Ok by now we are carrying them because it is coming up for 21:00 and our little people should have been asleep a long time ago! SO after about a 1.5 or 2km walking detour we complete the other 2Km walk back to where we should have gone. Thank God for GPS!!!!

The underground trip home is long and Sarah falls asleep on my lap with ony about 15 minutes to go until we are back in the hotel. When we stopped, I didn't even try to wake her, and when i lifted her into my arms, she didn't even stir. We still had the 700m to walk to the hotel.

By the time we got to the front door, my arms are telling me in plain terms that they'd like a rest, I thank them for their great duty to me this evening and comment

"She aint heavy, she's my baby"

Sleep tight my girls! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment