Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Pianissimo!

My itching fingers eventually won me over and we began the search for a small electric piano. I was dismayed and totally mortified when I sat down in front of the keys in the shop and could not remember a single tune. Moonlight Sonata? Had no clue where to start… Cavatina? Started and got stuck on note 3… I could just plonk and plink!

Well, some online searching or 2 and I ordered the Yamaha P-70. It is nothing grand, but it is reasonably portable. No special features or functions, but it has the piano feel keys and sounds like a piano.

So, on Tuesday I arrived home from work to find a large box in the hallway just waiting for me to unwrap! One small, minor mistake tho - I had forgotten to order the stand! Oh well, it took prime position on our kitchen table for the evening and I will have to make a plan to get the stand pronto.

The girls did not wait a moment to get the paws onto the piano. And fortunately it has 2 headphone jacks so they can both play silently :)...
So I will be dusting off my music and trying to remember it all again. I am also going to look online for some childrens first piano books and start teaching Amber and Sarah to play.

Well, wish me happy pianoing!

No comments:

Post a Comment