Friday, December 21, 2007

Frosted Coated

This week the real winter came to Plzen. The snow falls and chilly weather up till now did not penetrate or even leave behind white trails on the ground. Now, whole rivers are freezing - now that's what I call cold!

After waking up to this very white, wintery scene.. (no snow, just frozen)... I couldn't resist taking my camery with me to work and taking extra long along the route. People must have thought me completely mad taking photos of every tree on my way to work :).

This next photo was actually taken inside the brewery grounds...

This week-end's plan was to visit the Czech Christmas Market (in our little local Plzen town square). Here we found some christmas prezzies and sampled some czech gluwein equivalent - a hunny wine which is warmed up. Pierre promptly got a bottle for christmas.
The cold was bitter! And once we passed a tent that was serving sausages with gas heaters indoors, the girls went on strike and would not go an inch further until their demands for lunch and warmth were met. (I did manage to get them to pose for some photos outside the tent however).

No comments:

Post a Comment