Sunday, October 26, 2008

Budapest this time!

Despite the promises to update you on the Oktoberfest, we have embarked on another trip without completing the paperwork for the previous one...

Anyway, this time we are in Hungary - spending 3 nights in Budapest. The trip here was another attempt at a night train, but this time, not Euro Night but the dreaded Cesky Drahy. Dodgy on a good day, I tried to levitate off the bed so that I didn't have to touch it... slept using my hand for a pillow, because I knew something about the hygiene conditions of my hand - something that could not be said for the ragged, stained offering that was ostensibly to be used as a pillow. Having read recently that pillows more than a few years old attribute about 20% of their mass to dust mites and their detritus, made me very skeptical about using the ones we were given.
Anyway, we arrived after a nervous night glad to be here, and are planning another day of outings and fun today.

Again I shall leave you with promises of photos and news, to be fulfilled on another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment