Monday, March 17, 2008

Sarah goes Solo!

The Bee has finaly gone solo on her bicycle!

This last week-end was stunning weather in Plzen, with the warmness out approaching 10+ degrees . The sun was shining and we dusted off the bikes from the store room downstairs and headed down to the river via the tyre pump at the garage.
Sarah, still being on training wheels, was starting to give me complete nervous breakdowns as the bike would tip over on the slightest uneven ground because of the trainers. After pumping tyres at the local garage, I sent everyone off home for Dad to take off the training wheels and explained to Sarah that it was now time that she learned because the training wheels are now dangerous because she is too big for them. This was very happily understood and there was much eager anticipation at their removal.
So, we headed off down to the river trail with my bicycle left at home so I could help Saz (hang on to her for dear life as she leans the bike over completely so that I am holding her up and propelling her forward!@!). Colin & Amber went off ahead, and Sarah and I took our time and even stopped to throw stones in the river. After Colin & Amber joined us again after a lap of the river, we all went back together to see where the water had flooded the banks and I ran next to Sarah trying my best to keep her upright on the bike.

On Sunday, we took the bikes out again, and while Colin & Amber did the river route again, Sarah and I decided to practice at home first. We did some laps in front of the house and I started to remove my grip and she was finding her balance nicely. We then moved to the back of the house and here she did her first solo act for the first time, going for a few seconds on her own without support. When Amber & Dad got home, we showed off her new found skills to them:


No comments:

Post a Comment